Please call for availability.
The Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon turntable utilizes a radical concept with a lot of innovations that originate from its big brother, the RPM 9 Carbon. A low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball for further reduced rumble. The acoustically inert 11.8"-diameter platter is made from acrylic. The classy 9"cc Evo tonearm, which is made from carbon fiber, is suitable for any high-quality MM or MC cartridge. A TPE-damped counterweight eliminates unwanted resonances. And we're including the exceptional value Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 moving coil phono cartridge with the RPM 5 Carbon. "The RPM 5 Carbon is the latest turntable in Pro-Ject’s repertoire to receive various upgrades," reports What Hi-Fi? magazine. "It replaces the RPM 5.1 and promises upgraded performance."
Smoothly Driven Outboard Motor
An outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply for further enhanced speed stability. Since the motor is in a separate housing, it boasts a degree of isolation which helps keep motor vibration and noise from entering the chassis and interfering with the sound of your records.
Outstanding 9cc Evolution Tonearm
An outstanding 9" tonearm, the 9cc Evolution, incorporates a conical carbon fiber arm tube with integrated headshell made of a single piece of carbon fiber and new ultra-rigid bearing assembly to give you the ability to use more massive and lower compliant moving coil cartridges. The headshell and conical armtube are formed from a single piece of carbon fiber for maximum rigidity and resonance control. The armtube stills allows azimuth adjustments, despite the fixed headshell. The vertical tracking angle is also adjustable. Nominal speeds are 33-1/3 rpm and 45 rpm.
Chassis-mounted female RCA connectors on the rear panel allow you to use any single ended interconnects. A brass record clamp is included.
Sumiko Blue Point MC Phono Cartridge
The Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon turntable comes with everything you need for your musical enjoyment. Not only is the quality tonearm included, but also a Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 moving coil phono cartridge.
Offering exceptional performance and musicality at an affordable price the latest generation the Blue Point No. 2 sets a new standard in its price class. It boasts a moving coil design, high output, 2.5-mV, alloy cantilever, Blue Point-cut elliptical diamond stylus, and standard 1/2" mounting.
The ultra-stylish look of the RPM 5 is available in three exclusive high-gloss finishes: Gloss Black, Gloss White, and Gloss Red.
- Low resonance chassis holds a newly designed inverted platter bearing with ceramic ball
- Acoustically inert 11.8"-diameter platter is made from acrylic
- Outboard 15V AC motor is smoothly driven using an ultra-precision AC generator with DC power supply
- Tonearm: 9"cc EVO single-piece carbon fiber
- Sumiko Blue Point MC Phono Cartridge
- Finishes: Gloss Black, Gloss White, and Gloss Red
- Speed: 33, 45 rpm (manual speed change)
- Drive Principle: belt drive
- Platter: 300mm acrylic
- Main Bearing: stainless steel axle with ceramic ball
- Wow & Flutter: 33: +/- 0.12%; 45: +/- 0.10%
- Speed Drift: 33: +/- 0.17%; 45: +/- 0.08%
- Signal to Noise: -73dB
- Effective Arm Length: 230 mm
- Effective Arm Mass: 8g
- Overhang: 18mm
- Tracking Force: 0 - 25mN
- Power Supply: output: 15 volts DC / 800 mA power supply; input: 110/240 Volt - 50 or 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 5 watts max / < 0.3 watt standby
- Dimensions: 17" x 6" x 12.7" (WxHxD)
- Weight: 17.6 lbs (net)