Everything the world loved about the Scout now is now in a simplified pre-mounted cartridge package! Comes supplied with an Ortofon 2M Red pre-mounted at the factory. It is astounding how good this combination sounds. The VPI Scout Jr. is a ready to use right out of the box as a high-end entry level turntable. The new tonearm is 9 inches long with a Yoke type vertical bearing and turntable like horizontal bearing, it is the perfect solution to enjoying your music! The arm is damped in the horizontal plane and free in the vertical plane, this combination breaks up resonances and ads to the enjoyment of the sound. The Scout Jr. uses a 600 RPM (500 RPM overseas) AC synchronous motor to drive the turntable. This is a precision device that is mounted in a separate box on rubber feet for the ultimate in motor noise isolation. The Scout Jr. Turntable is a precision instrument thoroughly tested mechanically and musically.
- 1.25”" thick black textured vinyl covered non-resonant MDF chassis.
- 16" x 11" footprint
- 19” x 14” x6” overall size
- Machined 1” thick 6061 aluminum platter. Damped internally.
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling.
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
- 600 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation.
- Includes a record damping mat.
- New 9” vertical Yoke type Scout Jr. Tonearm with lateral turntable type bearing.
- Pivot to spindle: 223mm
- Effective length: 240.7mm
- Overhang: 17.7mm
- Offset angle: 22.85 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: .36%
- VTA adjustable arm mount.
- Damped stainless steel armtube.
- Very pure copper wire, twisted with special insulating jacket.
- Comes supplied with an Ortofon 2M Red pre-mounted at the factory. No need for any adjustments when you use the turntable.
Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 5.5 mV
Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1.5 dB
Channel separation at 1 kHz: 22 dB
Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-22.000 Hz
Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 20 µm/mN
Stylus type: Elliptical
Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
Tracking force, recommended: 1.8 g (18 mN)
Tracking angle: 20°
Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1.3 kOhm
Internal inductance: 700 mH
Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
Cartridge weight: 7.2g