Superior Performance - Objectively Measured Results
The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA Series of power cables represent a new concept in power delivery. Three, similarly priced power cables, that are optimized for different types of audio components. One specifically tuned for digital type components that emit ultra high frequency noise. Another designed specifically for analog type components that have linear power supplies. And the third designed for high-current draw components such as high power amplifiers.
The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA HC power cable has noise reduction capabilities so significant that they can be measured with a power analyzer. More importantly, even a brief evaluation will yield an unmistakable improvement in the performance of any analog component in a sound, recording or video system. The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA HC is tuned specifically for the massive impulse noise generated by very high current power supplies. It delivers a dramatic measurable reduction in both component and power line generated noise.
There have been many power cords that claim to reduce power line noise. Invariably they use ferrous metals (ferrite) or carbon impregnated insulations or just a common shield. Yet, none of these products can demonstrate actual measurements of their efficacy. These common solutions have obvious colorations such as dynamic compression and a dulling, or darkening of the sound.
The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA HC power cord delivers a dramatic reduction in measured noise without any side-effects, leading to clearer visual images and better sound in every conceivable analog application!
The functional core of the ΞTRON™ α ALPHA HC is a hybrid ΞTRON™ which demonstrates a measurable reduction of power line noise. The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA HC is essentially a dedicated power conditioner without the associated chassis, extra outlets, added cost and extra power cable of a traditional power conditioner!
Of course, all of Shunyata's other power cord features are included in the ΞTRON™ α ALPHA HC.
The ΞTRON™ α ALPHA HC is specifically tuned to deal with noise generated by very high current components such as amplifiers and power conditioners. It is also suitable for high current video projectors, subwoofers and powered speakers.
- Dual Coincident Concentric Conductors
- Alpha Cryogenic Processed
SHUNYATA CopperCONN™ CONNECTORS
- Pure Tellurium Copper Base Metal
- Nickel plated for corrosion protection
- Superior Contact Grip
- Alpha Cryogenic Treated
- 6.0 feet (1.75M)
- 1.05 inches (26.67 mm)
NOISE REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY
- Hybrid Dual ΞTRON™ High Current Filter
- Shunyata ΞTRON™
- 2x10 AWG Coincident Concentric Conductors
- CDA-101 Copper
- Alpha Cryogenic Processed
- IEC-C15: Shunyata CopperCONN™ (UL Listed, CE Mark)
- IEC-C19: Shunyata CopperCONN™ (UL Listed, CE Mark)
- US NEMA P15: Shunyata CopperCONN™ (UL Listed)
- Max Voltage (US): 90-240 VAC (connector dependent)
- Max Voltage (Asia): 90-240 VAC (connector dependent)
- Max Voltage (Euro): 240VAC (connector dependent)
- Maximum Instantaneous Voltage: 1250 VAC
- Max continuous current: 20 Amps (connector dependent)
- Max instantaneous current: >200 Amps (800ms)
- Polarity and continuity tests x2 (each cable tested)
- HiPOT Test: 2,000 VAC @ 5s (each cable tested)
- Insulation Breakdown Test: >4,000 VAC @ 2 minutes