8/10 Condition. Open Box. Scratches to tops of speakers. Mostly to passive speaker on the back of the top.
Audioengine 5+ (A5+) Premium Powered Speakers deliver audiophile-quality sound and features at a price that continues to set the standard for affordable high-quality audio. Connect your iDevice, computer, TV, or any other audio component for great stereo sound in any room.
The goal of Audioengine is to provide a high-end listening experience at affordable prices with easy to use, high-quality products. The Audioengine 5 powered speaker system was Audioengine's flagship model and has become a best seller. The new A5+ has the same award-winning signature sound as the original A5 but includes customer-requested upgrades and features.
With custom Kevlar woofers, silk dome tweeters, and hand-built cabinets, the Audioengine 5+ includes a remote control, dual audio inputs and enhanced thermal management. You can charge your iDevice via the USB power port and also add a subwoofer to the variable output. Connect Audioengine 5+ to your computer's headphone jack or pair with a USB DAC to achieve an even higher level of sound quality. The Audioengine 5+ works with any computer and there's no software to install or settings to change.
Built-in power amplifiers save space and eliminate the need to connect Audioengine 5+ to a stereo receiver or external power amp. Simply plug the left speaker into an AC outlet and connect the included speaker wire from the left to right speaker. All internal components of the A5+ are tuned together, providing a more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers and amplifiers. With superior stereo separation and incredible imaging, A5+ has a clear sonic advantage over boomboxes or all-in-one systems.
Small Speakers, Big Bass
You won't hear any enhanced super-mega-hyper-monster boomy bass from these powered speakers. As with the original A5, the low end from the A5+ is real bass, very near to the originally-recorded music. From rap to classical to movies, you'll get tight, punchy bass with an awesome growl that will make you smile - regardless of the volume level.
- Built-in power amplifiers
- Remote control
- Improved thermal management
- RCA and mini-jack audio inputs
- Front panel volume control
- USB power charge port
- Variable preamp audio output
- Gold-plated connectors
- Full-size 5-way speaker binding posts
- Custom Kevlar woofers and silk tweeters
- Hand-built MDF wood cabinets
- Magnetically shielded
Advance tuned cabinet with rear-ported waveguide
Stand-mount 1/4" threaded inserts
- Any computer (Mac or PC)
- iPod, iPhone, and iPad (all iDevices)
- Audioengine wireless audio adapters
- Apple Airport Express + AirPlay
- Any product with mini-jack or RCA outputs
What's in the box
(1) A5+ powered (left) speaker
(1) A5+ passive (right) speaker
(1) Remote control
(1) Speaker wire (16AWG), 3.75 meters (~12.3ft)
(1) Detachable power cord
(1) Mini-jack audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5ft)
(1) RCA to RCA audio cable, 2 meters (~6.5ft)
(2) Cloth speaker bag
(1) Cloth cable bag
(1) Setup Guide
(1) Product line brochure
Materials and Construction
1" thick MDF cabinet
5" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
20mm silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
Torroidal power transformers
Power Output -150W peak power total (50W RMS / 75W peak per channel), AES
Inputs - 3.5mm stereo mini-jack, RCA L/R
- Outputs - RCA variable line-out, USB (power/charge)
- Amplifier Type -Dual Class AB monolithic
- Drivers - 5" Kevlar woofers, 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- THD+N <0.05% at all power settings
- Frequency response - 50Hz-22kHz ±1.5dB
- Protection -Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection, replaceable external main fuse
- Dimensions (each speaker HWD) - 10.75" (27cm) x 7" (18cm) x 9" (23cm)
- Shipping weight -31 lbs (14 kg)
- Materials and Construction -13mm thick MDF cabinets
- 3/4" silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- 5" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- Torroidal power transformer
Both drivers are directly video shielded and allow the user to place the speakers within a few inches of a video monitor. This shielding also offers protection for hard-drive digital music players.
The Audioengine 5+ includes a 5V, 500mA USB power supply that powers later generation iPod, iPhone, and most other USB "bus-powered" devices. The USB port is for power and charging, not for data transfer or music syncing.