Taking a digital audio feed revolutionizes what's possible from an iPad and the iD100's carefully considered design allows maximum extraction of every last drop of data from the world's favorite tablet. Supporting all Apple file types including lossless, bit-perfect low jitter digital data is then fed to an external DAC (such as Cambridge Audio's DacMagic) or AV receiver using its digital input for the best possible digital to analog conversion.
It's not just about music either, the iD100 is designed to support the growing number of users who store or stream video on their devices allowing enjoyment of portable content like YouTube, iTunes, iPlayer and much more on the big screen.
And as listening shifts from stored to streaming services, the iD100 maximizes the quality of music streaming Apps like Spotify, Pandora, Rhapsody, Last FM and others.
For the ultimate in convenience, the iD100 is supplied with a full remote enabling armchair control of iPod content, activation of iTunes syncing and even charging of the connected iPhone, iPod or iPad. By switching off charging, any possible interference between the Apple device and hi-fi system is completely eliminated.
Like all Cambridge Audio designs, the iD100 is an object lesson in design simplicity. Constructed from solid aluminum, the iD100 will be right at home within any home entertainment system and is designed to complement other Cambridge Audio products.
Supplied with a range of adapters, the iD100 can accommodate virtually any iPod, iPhone or iPad and to ensure it's as kind on the environment as your ears, it also features an environmentally friendly low power (<1w) standby circuit.Compatible with:
- iPad 1 (NOT iPad 2)
- iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 3G (Airplane mode recommended)
- iPod Touch (1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation)
- iPod Classic
- iPod Nano (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation)
- S/P-DIF Outputs (RCA/Phono)
- TOSLINK Optical digital output (connect to the input of a separate DAC or digital input on suitable amplifier / AV receiver)
- AES/EBU XLR output (Connect to a digital input on an amplifier/A/V receiver/DAC that supports the AES/EBU balanced digital input standard.)
A custom 4 pole connector lead is supplied to enable the neatest connection to any TV
- S-Video - adaptor / lead required
- IR (Infrared) input (for use with IR repeaters or custom installation systems)
- USB connection (to sync docked Apple device with iTunes on a connected PC or Mac)