The RM-5.1 SE makes a stunning design and audio performance statement in a "value oriented" performance package featuring a Sumiko Blue Point No.2 high-output moving coil cartridge that is factory mounted for your convenience. A resonance-optimized platter made from MDF with integrated vinyl mat rests upon an MDF plinth with a suspended motor assembly optimized for low resonance and speed stability.
The aim to better the hi-fi -classic Pro-Ject-1 is achieved with two different approaches: According to the principle of "less is more" we exchanged the rectangular chassis in favour of a radical "drop-form". In addition, the old resonating main platter was exchanged for MDF which is free of resonance. A metal ring is mounted around the main bearing for optimised conductance of unwanted vibrations. The audible benefi ts are amazing. The sound is calmer and richer without losing detail.
The table incorporates a stainless steel axle that runs on a Teflon bearing plate in a bronze housing for lower wow-and-flutter and superior speed accuracy. Three-point aluminum cone feet further reduce noise and vibration. A fixed headshell 9" carbon fiber tonearm with precision Swiss bearings and rigid carbon fiber arm tube provides superior tracking and cartridge control. Accurate adjustment of both VTA and azimuth is easy. Detachable interconnect cable and a screw down record clamp are included. 14.6"w x 5.7"h x 11.8"d. without dustcover, 18.1"w x 8.6"h x 14.4"d with dustcover (optional*). PLEASE NOTE: A SPECIFIC DUST COVER IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR RM-5.1 SE (Use Cover It 2)
Manual turntable with 9" carbon tone-arm. Features:
- Chassis piano-lacquered dark grey
- A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the hub and platter via a flat-ground belt.
- The medium density fibre plinth stands on three height-adjustable rubber-damped aluminium cones.
- The motor is decoupled from the plinth to reduce vibration transmission.
- The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising the hub, an medium density fibre platter, a cork mat (a standard felt mat is supplied also) and a screw-down record clamp.
- The platter's low-tolerance chrome-plated stainless-steel axle runs on a Teflon bearing plate in a sintered bronze bearing housing.
- Central metal block optimises centre of gravity and damps main bearing.
- Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
- External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
- As an optional extra, the turntable is supplied with Ortofon 2M Red MM-cartridge fitted.
- The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fiber.
- Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
- Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
- Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
- Design of counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
- The counterweight supplied is suitable for cartridges weighing between 6 - 10g. Alternative counterweights for cartridges weighing between 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g or 5 - 8g are available as an accessory part.
- Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
- Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
- Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
- The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
- Fitted Cartridge: Sumiko Blue Point No. 2
- Amplifier Connection: MM Input
- Nominal Speeds: 33 / 45 rpm (78 RPM Optional)
- Dust Cover: Pro-Ject Cover It 2 (optional)
- Record Clamp: Supplied
- RCA Phone Jacks: Yes
- Rubber-Dampled Aluminum Cone Feet: Yes
- Central Metal Block: Yes
- Tonearm: Pro-Ject 9cc
- Tonearm with Carbon Fiber Armtube: Yes
- Effective Tonearm Length: 9 " (230mm)
- Effective Tonearm Mass: 8.5g
- Overhang: 18mm
- Supplied Counterweight: Cartridge Weight 6 - 10g
- Optional Counterweights: Cartridge weights 11 - 15g, 8 - 11g, 5 - 8g
- Downforce Range: 10-30mN
- Speed Variance: ±0.5%
- Wow & Flutter: ±0.08%
- Signal to Noise: -70dB
- Platter Weight/Diameter: 1.75kg/300mm
- Power Supply: 16V/500mA AC
- Power Consumption: 2W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 14.6 x 5.7 x 11.8 inches, 371 x 145 x 300mm
- Weight: 14.4 lbs., 6.5kg
- Finish: Dark Grey Piano Lacquer Plinth