The Audioengine S8 is the perfect bass extension for Audioengine powered speakers, or as an upgrade to any music system. It offers excellent performance for music, movies, and games. Plus, it's super compact and wireless-ready. "This is a well-made, solid sounding, weighty subwoofer, with the potential for a wireless twist. So it's another thumbs-up for the chaps at Audioengine," reports England's 'What Hi-fi?' magazine.
Also available in White
"Well-Made, Solid Sounding, Weighty Subwoofer"
At about 11" square with an 8" custom woofer, this powered subwoofer is small enough to place in a corner or hide behind furniture. The S8 delivers great bass performance and its low, tight, and smooth bass will blend well with the other speakers in your system.
The S8 has a super-fast woofer designed for audio and home theater performance. It features an anti-resonant steel frame and heavy-duty rubber speaker surround for accurate low end. The S8's bottom-firing and front-ported design means you'll hear quick, precise bass with low distortion, even at higher volume levels.
With plenty of continuous 'Class A/B' power, the S8's internal amplifier has a dual-voltage switch and detachable power cord.
And It's Wireless-ready!
If you decide to locate the Audioengine S8 away from your powered speakers or surround sound AV receiver, check out the Audioengine W1 wireless audio adapter or Apple's Airport Express for high-quality wireless options. The S8 has a built-in AC outlet on the rear panel that's perfect for powering these great-sounding wireless products.
Versatile Yet Simple Controls
Variable adjustable rear panel controls for Crossover, Phase, and Subwoofer Volume allow you to easily adjust the S8's output and blending with your speakers. An auto-sleep standby feature turns the S8 amplifier off when you're not playing music.
Dual line-level inputs (1/8" mini-jack and RCA connectors) are included on the rear panel, so connecting S8 to all your gear is easy. And all the cables you'll need are included.
Custom-designed and handcrafted wood cabinets with high-gloss white or satin black finish make the Audioengine S8 a true work of art. Cabinets are made of rock solid 1"-thick, internally braced MDF to eliminate cabinet vibrations which means distortion-free, accurate response.
- Super compact size
- 8" custom downfiring woofer
- Solid hand-finished, front-ported cabinet
- Auto-sleep power saving mode
- Dual line-level inputs (RCA and mini-jack)
- All cables included
- Excellent performance for music, movies and videogames
- A perfect bass extension for Audioengine powered speakers or any audio system
- Drivers: 8" (25.4cm) long-throw woofer, downfiring design
- Ports: Single, front
- Phase: 0 - 180 degrees
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Inputs: 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini-jack and RCA L/R
- Outputs: RCA L/R, full-range
- S8 Powered Subwoofer
- AC power cable
- 1/8" mini-jack audio cable, 2 meters (~ 6.5 feet)
- RCA audio cable, 2 meters (~ 6.5 feet)
- Drawstring cable bag
- Drawstring subwoofer bag
- Setup guide
- Surround sound receivers
- Powered speakers
- Desktop computers, laptops, notebooks
- Flat panel TVs, iPods and all other music players
- Internet radio and network music systems
- Videogame co
- Power Output: 250W peak power total (125W RMS), AES
- Amplifier type: Dual Class AB monolithic
- Voltages: 110 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Signal-to-noise: >95 dB (typical A-weighted)
- THD: <0.05% at all power settings
- Frequency Response: 27 Hz - 180 Hz (+/- 1.5dB)
- Sensitivity: 88dB SPL (1w@1m)
- Input Impedance: 10K ohms unbalanced
- Crossover Frequency: 50 Hz - 130 Hz
- Standby consumption: 8W
- Dimensions: 11.25" high, 11.25" wide, 11.25" deep
- Weight: 30lbs